The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It's That Time of Year Again...

{mood: sad 'cause I lost my Ebay auction *shrug*}
{listening to: a goofy little mix I made on www.ctcmix.com (give it a spin)}

Heaven help me, you are all going to think that this site is nothing but a "mommy" blog. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just that there is decidedly limited appeal to reading about someone's children exclusively. Unless you're Grandma, of course.

So, yes, it's that time of year again... Vacation Bible School time!

whee.

This is my 8th year teaching, so I must get something out of it!

I'm stepping away from my usual post of 1st- and 2nd- grade teacher to take the 4- and 5-year-old class, and thereby avoiding having either Rascal or Zipper in my class (it's worked out badly in the past). But I'll have my niece in my class (almost as bad) VBS is a week away, and we are woefully unprepared. WOEFULLY.

We've got a new person directing VBS - totally and utterly green, and we've changed the publisher of our curriculum (for cost reasons, I assume). And they got a late start on things this year - the director was writing out the daily schedule on the fly at the meeting today, which is something that should have been nailed down weeks ago. I haven't been able to schedule activities because I've been waiting on this. Oh, and I found out today that I have a co-teacher. That's good, but she hasn't seen any of the materials yet. We're meeting tomorrow to hammer it all out.

*sigh* It'll all be fine. *gripe gripe gripe*

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

Could be worse, at least your organized

8/08/2006 5:48 AM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

It's not so much about being organized as having enough experience to know how to pull everything together in a short period of time. I'm feeling much better after my meeting with the other teacher, but there is still a lot of work to do.

8/09/2006 10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home