The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

And With a Small Leap of Embarassment...

Much to my surprise on Sunday we received a phone call from the coach of the Ken-Ton town summer track program that my boys had been doing this summer. Apparently last week we left the meet too soon, because Rascal captured the fourth place spot in long jump in his division, which means that he qualifies for the big county invitational today.

Doh! I feel bad now because we should have been there for him to get his award. As it is I'll have to see if I can get his 4th-place ribbon from last week.

So for the last couple days he's been practicing his jumps in earnest, which is much easier now because he doesn't have to wait in line with 100 other kids to get a turn to jump. With some suggestions and practice he's already improved his best jump by over a foot. (from 4'11" at last week's meet to 6'2" today). It's not really enough to be competitive, but you never know, he could surprise. In any case I'm proud of him for working so hard on it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

Yeah Rascal! I probably would not have stuck around either for the awards especially if I didn't think we were getting one.

8/03/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

Yeah, it was such a looooonnnng day, and really hot outside, so I figured what's the point of staying another 1 to 1 1/2 hours?

8/03/2006 9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home