The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

No Living Out My Dreams of Glory Through My Children for Me

LOL I wasn't planning on doing that anyway!

The town track meet was yesterday - the culmination of weeks of hard work by the kiddies in the town summer track program (including my kiddies of course). It was surprisingly well run, considering the number of participants and the number of events (> 60 with all the age divisions). And I learned (although I knew this already)...

that my boys are probably not cut out to be sprinters. At least, not right now. Rascal and Zipper finished last in their heats of all their races - the 50M for Rascal and 50M and 100M for Zipper (who admittedly was competing against 7-year-olds in the longer race). Oh, well. Cheer them on, be supportive, maybe they'll be marathon runners someday instead. :-)

Rascal also did long jump. He fouled the first two jumps but got off a nice one on the last try. Not very far, but impressive form (which has to count for something). Both boys did the softball throw as well (a kiddie version of shotput). Not very impressive, but they were both so cute and they like to do it so much that you can't help but be happy about it.

So in the end I can honestly say that the track program was worthwhile and fun. The kids enjoyed it, and I think we'll be back next year. Now only 6 more long weeks of summer to go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home