The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Where Has The Week Gone?

I have no idea. Really. If you ask me what I've done all week, I can honestly say that I don't remember too much. Alzheimer's must be setting in early. *sigh*

Yesterday was the wedding of a family friend (the one whose shower I went to not so long ago). It was a very nice ceremony (i.e. short), although it was funny - a couple minutes before the ceremony the couple's youngest child (1 1/2 yrs.) started bawling inconsolably in the church. When the bride Mommy processed in, oh my, did that little girl start howling! She was removed pretty promptly though.

The reception was at the fire hall in my old hometown. My parents were volunteer firefighters for many years, and I spent much of my childhood in that fire hall, so it really brought back memories. The folks were particularly happy that they were allowed in to show their grandsons the fire trucks. All in all, a good time. Hope my sister (the matron of honor) managed to get through the evening without throwing up - I've honestly never seen her so smashed! (Don't fear, her hubby was there to drive her home).

Well, I gotta run - got some Dungeons & Dragons to play this afternoon (I am *so* not prepared, but they'll forgive me)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home