The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

'Cause All My Friends Are Doing It...

What Dungeons & Dragons Character Are You?

I Am A: Chaotic Good Elf Monk Bard


Alignment:
Chaotic Good characters are independent types with a strong belief in the value of goodness. They have little use for governments and other forces of order, and will generally do their own things, without heed to such groups.


Race:
Elves are the eldest of all races, although they are generally a bit smaller than humans. They are generally well-cultured, artistic, easy-going, and because of their long lives, unconcerned with day-to-day activities that other races frequently concern themselves with. Elves are, effectively, immortal, although they can be killed. After a thousand years or so, they simply pass on to the next plane of existance.


Primary Class:
Monks are strange and generally not understood by the world at large. They live apart from people, and follow strict codes that restrain their behavior and lifestyle. They have an exceptionally calm outlook on life, and generally do not resort to violence unless absolutely necessary. Even when they do, their code of conduct forbids the use of all weapons - except their hands. As such, monks are extremely skilled at hand-to-hand combat, and no other style.


Secondary Class:
Bards are the entertainers. They sing, dance, and play instruments to make other people happy, and, frequently, make money. They also tend to dabble in magic a bit.


Deity:
Tymora is the Chaotic Good goddess of luck and good fortune. She is also known as Lady Luck, and also Tyche's fair-tressed daughter. Followers of Tymora believe in the tenent that, 'Fortune Favors the Bold,' and will throw caution to the wind and trust to luck to work things out for the best. Tymora's symbol is an unmarked silver disk.


Detailed Results:

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXX (7)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXX (6)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXX (8)
Lawful Neutral -- XXX
(3)True Neutral ---- XXX (3)
Chaotic Neutral - XXX (3)
Lawful Evil ----- (-1)
Neutral Evil ---- (-2)
Chaotic Evil ---- (-2)

Race:
Human ---- XXX (3)
Half-Elf - XXXXXXX (7)
Elf ------ XXXXXXXXX (9)
Halfling - (-3)
Dwarf ---- (-3)
Half-Orc - X (1)
Gnome ---- XXXXXXX (7)

Class:
Fighter - (-1)
Ranger -- XXX (3)
Paladin - X (1)
Cleric -- XXXX (4)
Mage ---- XXX (3)
Druid --- X (1)
Thief --- X (1)
Bard ---- XXXXX (5)
Monk ---- XXXXXX (6)

Find out What D&D Character Are You?, courtesy ofNeppyMan (e-mail)

7 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

Do you agree with the results? My best character was a Gnome thief illusionist.

7/08/2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger Michael F Harris said...

I haven't played AD&D in about 18 years. I loved the game but it's hard to find good players. I looked into the new version and it is way to complicated. Too many minute rules.

7/08/2006 10:23 PM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

Well, let's see, in my four campaigns since college (i.e. the last 10 years), I've played:

A male human thief (who got aged during battle with undead from 11 to 19 years old - very traumatic)

A female human sorcerer/cleric/true necromancer who only managed to stay on the side of not evil because of the extreme effort of her companions

A female air genasi fighter who specialized in two-handed exotic weapons

And the current campaign: A female halfling paladin (soon to be paladin/rogue) sworn to remove an evil empire from her homeland

I don't know - I see aspects of most of the classes in myself. Don't ask me how I got this combination in the quiz though - you can't play *that* character in D&D without some *serious* bending of the rules!

7/08/2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

I play with a great group of guys that I (and hubby) became friends with in college. They are my lifetime companions, my soulmates, my partners in crime (no, wait, scratch that last one)...

And I'm not buttering them up just because they all read this blog! LOL

7/08/2006 10:27 PM  
Blogger Random said...

Remember a friend will help you move. A REAL friend will help you move a body.

Monk/bard hmmm, one must be lawful the other can't be lawful. Yup thats bending the rules a lot.
That being said, your result are also the most balanced results I've heard of yet. You probablt could just change 1 question and change alignment race and class. Either you are the most balanced person I know or the most conflicted.

7/08/2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger Michael F Harris said...

I used the same Gnome thief illusionist for years. I had to retire him after his strong hold got too big. I used him as a NPC when I DM'd a campaign.

7/09/2006 7:58 AM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

Balanced? Conflicted? Hmmm... yeah, both sound about right...

7/10/2006 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home