The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Monday, July 03, 2006

How Busy (and partied out) Can One Woman Be?

{mood: tired, and about to become *much* more tired}

The answer is: pretty darn busy (and pretty darn partied out too).

Saturday was the annual summer party that my aunt hosts. It's partly birthday party (for my grandparents), partly family reunion (I mean everybody, even the great-aunts I don't particularly care for *grin*), and partly just a big ol' summer bash (all their friends and neighbors too).

They have such an awesome place for a party - an elevated deck, big inground pool, large backyard. They really go all out with these parties - they hire a band and everything. It was really a lot of fun, although I did have to spend most of the time looking after the kids in the pool.

Of course the folks came up from SC for the party, so the next evening the whole immediate extended family went out to a nearby beach club. As usual, the gathering involved much loud music and beer (don't worry, we keep good track of all the kiddies). Thankfully the weather held out, but we decided to abandon ship after a few hours since we could see the thunderstorm rolling in across Lake Erie.

Now today (and yesterday during the day), I've been cleaning like a madwoman, because my parents are coming for dinner in a few minutes and they are bringing my sister's two boys, 6 yrs. old, and 6 mo. old, over to spend the night and then I will watch them during the day tomorrow. And *then*, my sister and her husband will come over for dinner and we'll go out for fireworks.

And *then*...

I'm going to collapse, and not do anything for at least 24 hours.

2 Comments:

Blogger Random said...

To paraphrase Steve McCroskey (Lloyd Bridges in Airplane!): It looks like you picked the wrong day to quit caffeine.

7/04/2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

And amphetamines, don't forget! ROFLMAO

7/05/2006 4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home