The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Somebody Hand Me a Jolt, Right Now!

{mood: cranky}
{listening to: Peter Gunn by The Art of Noise}


Somehow I've once again developed this horrible caffeine addiction. I think it started when I switched over to diet sodas. Since it has gotten to the point where I can't function without it, I'm trying to seriously cut back. Gosh, I'd better not ever get addicted to anything more serious than this, because I feel like crap!

I gave myself the luxury of a nap because I was so wiped out this afternoon. I'm always a little uneasy about doing that because someday I'm gong to wake up and the house is going to be on fire or something. Little boys will put that kind of fear into you.

I've heard that it only takes a few days to kick caffeine though, so I think I will get through it ok.

Now for some shoutouts:

[Shoutout to mfhy2k: 1) Yeah, I don't know why Buffalo schools can't seem to get their act together. That whole thing about the attendance policy was really goofy too. 2) I'm not that concerned about not getting tips. it's just that I've started falling off the pace and I'm finally seeing people coming up from behind me. That's to be expected - I'm not an energetic (and skinny) teenager anymore. But I do have a rough timetable in my head, and right now I'm not meeting it. Ha! Maybe I'll get 3 tips in a week - I've done that twice already!]

[Shoutout to AZJade: It would be great if you got back to the poetry (when you are inspired to do so, of course). Pretty much all my stuff is crap LOL but yours was always good, and I'd love to see more.]

[Shoutout to Oni: Now you buddy, *have* to put up some of your poetry, because I know you are still doing it, and it's good, and what good is the Internet if you can't foist your personal thoughts and feelings off on the rest of the world? *grin*]

[Shoutout to Wendy: Hi Wendy! Didn't want you to feel left out! Hey, I put that sunset pic from you back up as my desktop wallpaper again. Makes me feel like I'm someplace other than here...:-)]

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

I've seen the tips come one after the other lots of times. If you go alot in the summer it shows dedication so they may come faster now.

6/29/2006 9:13 PM  
Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

I'm glad you still have it! It was a oneof a kind sunrise. I haven't seen any more like it since.

7/06/2006 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day I am so excited I found your site, I really found you by accident,
while I was browsing on Yahoo for something else, Nonetheless
I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for a
fantastic post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love
the theme/design), I don't have time to go through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

Here is my website - gto120dlaocm402mfos02.com

4/28/2013 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home