The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Woo Hoo, I'm Not An Idiot!

After much, much hassle, I finally got a slightly new look for the site. Yeah, it's still a boring old Blogger template, but at least it's not one of the standards, so I get to have a little bit of individuality.

I've still got a little tweaking to do, including getting the proper credit for the code, but I'm pretty happy right now.

I ended up having to move around large blocks of code to finally get a happy result. Once I even caused this funky loop that made infinite sidebars pop up offset from each other (I wisely closed that browser window).

Actually, it was very educational. I'm afraid my experience is pretty much limited to your basic hard-coded HTML, so it was good to go through the template line by line to try to figure out what everything was.

Let me tell you, if I had just been smarter about things and really pursued web page design while I was still at the cutting edge (yeah, about 15 years ago - scary)... well...ummm...actually, I'd probably be a stay-at-home mom, just like I am now. But just think of the possibilities!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

I love it! I know how frustrating HTML can be. I've learned thru trial and error as well.

6/28/2006 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home