The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Hell.

It's after 2:30 in the morning now, and I'm still up. That's bad.

Hubby is in Washington, DC now. His flight was delayed due to weather, so he got in late. Then he drove to his hotel to find that the neighborhood's power was out and, oh yeah, the hotel was overbooked. The hotel found another place for him to stay, and hopefully by now he's settled in for the night, but he is going to be so tired out for his meeting in the morning.

Then there's me. Sometimes I hate being home alone. Because it means being alone with one's fears and worries. Oh, what I would give right now to banish these horrors from my head!

It almost pisses me off because most of you know that the thing I tend to crave most in the world is a little time to myself. But no, instead of peace, tranquility, and freedom, what do I get? Nightmarish monstronsities!

When I get like this, usually the only cure is to keep awake with idle pursuits (the Internet's great for that) until I finally collapse from exhaustion. The problem with that, of course, is that I still have to be able to function in the morning.

Damn. There really isn't anything wrong with my life. No major issues, a happy marriage, sweet kids... It's as though I have to find *something* to be miserable about or my soul isn't complete.

I'm really wishing that there is someone out there reading this right now (well, right after I post it). If you are, drop me a comment, will you? 'Cause I really need it.

Well, maybe I'll put up another post or two about the good stuff that happened today. Maybe it will finally get me calmed down so I can sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home