The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Da SMH, Doin' Her Part Ta Stop Da Scammin', Yeah!

Back about a week ago I was hitting random blogs (a terrible waste of time, btw) when I come across one entitled PayPal Profits. I didn't notice the title at first, otherwise I would have skipped right by it.

It featured a photo of a woman of about my age who also claimed to have two small children - at first glance a "mommy" blog like mine. One post, just put up, acting all innocent about a PayPal pyramid scheme and saying that she usually didn't go for things like this, but maybe this one would be worth a try.

So I put up a comment, in which I said that I would give her the benefit of the doubt, although I probably shouldn't, and directed her and other readers to a website about such schemes (very good, btw).

My next line was: "Yes, kiddies, fraud is indeed illegal." And then I wrote that I would be watching to see if the author deleted the comment and that I would be slamming them if they did. Well, I checked today, and the whole blog was down.

I'm a little disappointed because I should have hit her profile to see what other blogs she had. I expect she turns out quite a few.

I hate scams, I hate scammers, and I *especially* hate scammers that intentionally try to disguise their scamming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home