The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Dick's Can Suck My...

Wait, it's not that kind of a blog!

Today I went searching for a new sports bra (the zipper went on my old one), with kids in tow. That's a bad way to start things off right there.

First I went to Target, where I had gotten my previous sports bras. I was saddened to find that they no longer carried the Jogbras that I liked so well. Tried on a bunch of crappy Hanes and Champion styles and hated them all. *sigh* Well, I was able to pick up some school supplies at Target anyway.

Since I was close, I went to Dick's. After some hunting I found a nice UnderArmour bra that met my stringent requirements (hey, you have to have stringent requirement when you have a chest like mine - I have no desire to look like a woman out of National Geographic, if you know what I mean). I wasn't happy to be spending twice as much as I wanted, but I can deal with that.

So I hauled the kids, who have been behaving quite badly, to the register. There's one guy in front of me who is being helped by 3 staffers. After a couple minutes one of them suggests that I go to the customer service desk to check out. There's a nice long line of about 10 people there. Oh.

Kids are fussing, and I'm watching the cashier, who has this sour look on her face, as she sllllloooowwwwllllyyy folds up a pair of shorts and puts it into a bag. Oh, God, at this rate we're going to be in this line for 45 minutes. Forget it, not worth it. Bye-bye Dick's - next time maybe you'll actually *want* my business!

I should know better by now - I've had a few bad experiences there already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

Well, I don't think I ever bought anything there.

7/20/2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger MartinSz said...

When I got my running jacket at Dick's a few days ago (http://chimerastation.blogspot.com/2006/07/running-jacket.html) it was one of the very few times there that wasn't a total disaster. I was lucky. I didn't need help, and the checkout line was short.

Easily one of the consistently worst customer service stores I have ever been in, and they're basically a monopoly here...

7/20/2006 4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home