The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

You Know What Annoys Me? (part 1 of a many, many part miniseries)

Stupid idiots on the road.

While everyone has *far* too many examples to list, let me tell you about incidents during the last 24 hours.

1. Driving up Colvin Blvd. yesterday morning in the right-hand lane I find myself behind a big honkin' van. At the last moment the driver swerves into the left lane to avoid a parked car. Which leaves me immediately behind rapidly approached said parked car that I had not been able to see before the van moved - thanks, how nice of you!

2. Same stupid van, a minute later. We both turned onto a side street, and he just stops in the middle of the road. After a few moments I figure out that he wants to parallel park - nice signal, jerk!

3. On Colvin Blvd at Sheridan Dr. (a very large intersection) on the way home. I'm sitting behind a truck at a red light. The turn arrow turns green... and he blasts straight through the intersection into incoming turning traffic - what the hell are you thinking?

4. That night, in the mostly unlit back tae kwon do school, I barely manage to see 3 teenage guys dressed all in black crossing the lot - good way to get killed, you yahoos!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

I had an idiot on the way to Erie today. In a 65 I slowed down to 60 to let 2 cars onto the 90 from an exit. The front car slows down to 20 and rides the right line. Finally the second car passes so I could pass. This what I get for being nice.

7/19/2006 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home