The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Welcome to Fantasy Island!

{mood: toasty}

Zipper threw up all over me this morning, and a little later on the living room rug (oh, joy), but he seems to be doing better now (good thing I decided to skip track today).

Well, maybe I do remember *something* from the last week. Thank goodness - I was getting worried there for a second.

My parents were in town for the wedding, so they decided to take all 5 grandkids (including the 6-month-old) to Fantasy Island (a local amusement park - not a lot of big thrills, but good for the kiddies). My SIL and I came along too, mostly for herd control.

The kids were pretty good, actually. Not too much whining or running off in different directions. I was pretty impressed, considering it was a very hot day (about 90 F - pretty good for around here). But let me tell you - it is HARD to keep track of four kids in a packed kiddie pool!

We had an incident while at the kiddie pool. My sister's 6-year-old was running and ended up clocking heads with my SIL's 3-year-old. It opened up a earlier cut above the 6-year-old's eye (which wasn't bad) and left a GREAT BIG goose egg on the 3-year-old's forehead. My parents were tending to the kids but the SIL is freaking out, hyperventilating, continually asking if her boy should go to the hospital and worrying that her husband (my bro) was going to be angry. So while my parents are helping the 3-year-old, I'm left to tend to my SIL while trying to round up the other boys, who are now unsupervised in the kiddie pool.

Ugh. Honestly. Look, I was like that with Rascal for about his first 15 months or so - freaking out if anything happened and the like, but after a while, you just have to accept that sometimes kids are going to get their bumps and bruises. Her son was going to be fine - I told her so, my parents (both with extensive EMS experience) told her so...

Well, never mind all that. The kids were fine and back to running around in a few minutes. I ended up taking the older boys off on my own for a while and left the other 3 kids with the other adults. We saw the end of a show that seemed to be this mishmash of Pirates of the Carribean, Star Wars, and Lord of the Rings. The kids thought it was really cool. Ummm...I didn't.

I went on a few rides with the boys, and was not feeling so well after one too many spins on the Tilt-A-Whirl (that is, 2 spins), so we went back to find the others. They were pretty worn out too so we called it a day. It was a lot of fun though - I'm glad my parents suggested it.

Now all I need is someone to go out with me (and not the kids) to an amusement park, since I am a big coaster fan, and I've been on a grand total of one since Rascal was born. :-( Too bad Ironwolf has *major* motion sickness issues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home