The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Short Treatise on Business Travel

Why is Ironwolf so damned lucky? He got to go to Vegas without me a few weeks ago (something I've already blogged about) and this week he is in beautiful (although apparently not sunny) Orlando, FL to visit Disney. The Disney folks even gave Ironwolf and his coworkers Magic Kingdom tickets for yesterday. Lucky bastard.

But then again, he does have to actually work on these trips - there's really not much time for fun and games. But I could never understand why Ironwolf dislikes the business travel so much. I mean, look at it - free nights away from home, nice restaurant meals, get to see different places, in the winter get away from the crappy Buffalo weather. The only drawback is not getting to see the family (and oh yeah friends too) for a couple days or weeks, which IMHO is not exactly a drawback - I would kill (ok, just maim) for a couple days away all alone *sigh*. And maybe the actual travel part itself *shrug*.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

Work travel sucks. The hotels are never comfortable. You don't know where to go and the actually travel part is a hassel

11/08/2006 9:08 PM  
Blogger Michael F Harris said...

I left a post for you way back on my site. Just a basic question. What the hell did you do to Master Yoo? He's been nice to us. (after Monday I'm sure that will change)

11/08/2006 9:13 PM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

*shrug* I got along with him just fine. Maybe he just needs some points with the students to keep his job (if that's what he's looking to do anyway)

11/08/2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger Michael F Harris said...

You don't understand the trouble my group of parents cause at OP. We are outcast and rarely allowed in the building anymore. For him to be nice to us is a big deal. The lack of communication with the instructors is really annoying. A double black stripe didn't maintenance test because McDowell forgot to tell her she needed to.

11/09/2006 2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, some parts of business travel are fun. But I'm still at work when I'm there. Can't just kick off the ol' shoes and party. Got a mission to accomplish.

Plus, usually I travel alone, I miss my family, miss my frends, miss my car. I wish ShadowAngel could come on MORE trips, that way I could share some of the fun parts with her.

'Course the peace and quiet withough the rugrats is nice sometimes....

11/15/2006 1:53 PM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

You *would* list your car up there on the things you miss, Ironwolf! LOL

11/16/2006 12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home