The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Thankfully, A Quiet Day

{mood: quiet}
{listening to: "Horses" by Tori Amos}

Things have been going ok. The campfire last night with the friends was really nice, despite the light rain. It helped my spirits a lot to get out and have a little fun. Although I did *not* appreciate that bit of the conversation about cars! Sheesh, don't you guys have a little tact? But thanks for not bringing up the accident - I didn't want to deal with it right then.

I'm no longer obsessing every moment about the accident (just occasionally). I know that really the worst that happens at this point is that my insurance premiums go through the roof. But I've got a clean record other than a fender-bender about 7 1/2 years ago, and no driving violations, so I suppose I shouldn't even worry too much about that. I haven't noticed the police poking around my house either.

I stayed in bed quite late this morning and didn't go to Tae Kwon Do class because I couldn't face the scene of the accident quite yet. Unfortunately that means that I've only been to 1 class in 3 weeks. I really need to get on the ball, but things have been so crazy the last couple weeks (and days...)

Yes, that means that I'm still doing the Tae Kwon Do thing. It's been 18 months since I started, and I still love it! I've progressed to the rank of red stripe now (between blue belt and red belt), so only 4 ranks to black belt! I'll invite you all to my black belt party in April 2008 (best estimate), ok?


I spent the day doing a little cleaning and some playing some Star Wars: Battlefront. Nothing like cappin' a few Wookie asses to make one feel better.

Slowly I'm getting back into the swing of the blogworld, so soon you'll see my comments popping up on your pages if you haven't seen them already. CYA L8R!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home