The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Everything from Nosebleeds to Sacred Vows

Sorry I haven't posted in a bit - things have been *really* busy, and this is the first opportunity I've had in days.

First of all, my thanks and appreciation go out to all the fellow 2,996 bloggers out there for their heartfelt tributes celebrating the lives of the victims of September 11th.

Next, in 5 days of pre-K, Zipper has already been to the nurse's office twice for nosebleeds! In the immortal words of Ralphie Wiggum: "My doctor says I wouldn't have so many nosebleeds if I would keep my darned finger out of there!" LOL

My mother is in town again and is staying with us for the week (except tonight). But, you may ask, wasn't she just here? Yes, she was, dear reader! The day after my parents arrived back home (two weeks ago now) my mother received a phone call asking her to come interview for a job up here. D'oh! So she's here, and if she gets the job who knows what's going to happen.

Lastly, and most happily, the man I thought would never tie the knot finally did! Congratulations to Rachael and Tim on their wedding! It was really a very lovely ceremony, neo-pagan in nature [neo-pagan silliness, Smite? *sheesh* well I cried anyway so there (btw he carries much better description and pictures of the wedding at his site)], with about 20 friends attending, and conducted in the splendor of Letchworth State Park.

Here's the lovely couple (sadly, the best picture of them I have):



I *so* want to wear a tiara like that (what girl doesn't want to weat a tiara?)!

The happy occasion has the added benefit of bringing my good friend Jon back into town from the West Coast with his best girl Jen. After all, Jon was the best man at the wedding - he couldn't exactly miss that! He'll be in town for about 2 weeks, and one would hope that he won't stay away for 2 1/2 years like the last time! Well, I expect we will be going to his wedding before that long...*hint hint*

Here's a good picture of the gang, my peeps. Yo, yo how's it hangin' boyz!



Good friends, good food, beautiful day, new beginnings - what more could anyone ask for?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home