The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Long Weekend of Chaos

Forgive me for my frazzled post yesterday. Complicating matters that day was that my lovely little monster Zipper drew all over my living room rug with markers (wish I'd taken a picture for you). I was able to get most of it out between the carpet cleaner and a good shampooing, but you can still see faint marker spots all over the rug. I am NOT a happy Mommy.

Still, it's not like there wasn't spots on the rug before. I swear to you, I will NEVER buy another solid color rug again - nothin' but annoying intricate patterns from now on!

I talked to my folks yesterday while the storm was hitting them (they are far enough inland that all they tend to get during these storms is a lot of heavy rain) and they insisted that they would be fine driving tomorrow. They left about 8 hours ago from SC so they are probably in WV now - most of the time they should have been far enough west of the storm but they may have intersected it at some point. I do worry when they are traveling. I'll have to call them because they haven't called me yet.

My brother and one of my sisters called my parents too to express their concerns about them driving here today, so at least I'm not alone in my paranoia.

My tae kwon do test went surprisingly well yesterday! No, it wasn't perfect (it never is), but I gave my best effort, and Master Chong seemed pleased with me. I swear, sometimes I'm just like a little kid seeking validation.

I was particularly surprised by my spinning kick board break. On my first try I realized halfway through that I was *much* too close. So I pulled in some and came around, and much to my shock, there's the board in two pieces. I never even felt the contact. I asked a couple people and they said that it looked ok. Well, alright then!

OK, so for all intensive purposes let's make yesterday the start of the Long Weekend of Chaos, because the chaos begins then and doesn't end until Sunday night. So here's the schedule, including yesterday:

Thursday afternoon: go to library (because books are due), write up tkd testing form
Thursday evening: TKD testing
Friday morning/afternoon: Playdate with niece and nephew at my house
Friday late afternoon: take Rascal to tkd class
Friday evening: date with hubby yay!
Saturday morning: tkd class, shopping, panicked cleaning and cooking
Saturday afternoon/evening: host relatives at my house
Sunday morning/early afternoon: host friends (and their kids) visiting from NYC
Sunday mid afternoon/evening: travel to aunt's house for party with my extended family

Now, for a little added fun and excitement, Sunday is also Ironwolf's brithday. And I don't have a present for him yet. And school starts Tuesday, so somewhere in there (ok, probably Monday) I have to pick up the last of the school supplies and get things organized. I figure that by Tuesday I'm going to be ready to collapse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home