The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Buffalo Gals, Won't You Come Out Tonight?

I'm 92% bred, born, raised, and still livin' here by choice Buffaloian!

You know you're from Buffalo (or surrounding area) when:
[X] I call them "chicken wings" not "Buffalo wings."
[X] I drink Labatt Blue or Molson Canadian
[X] To me, Jack Kemp is a quarterback not a VP candidate.
[X] I eat Mighty Taco not Taco Bell.
[X] Its snow, I don't freak out the second I see white flakes.
[X] I enjoy Ted's Hot Dogs, Aunt Rosie's Loganberry, Bison Chip Dip and Chiavetta's Chicken. Sponge Candy, Orange Chocolate, Sahlens Hot Dogs, and Weber Mustard.
[X] I know how to pronounce SCAJAQUADA, CHEEKTOWAGA and DEPEW.
[X] I call it pop, not soda.
[X] I drive over 70 mph on the Thruway and pass on the right.
[X] I like to order beef on "weck", and are always surprised when someone doesn't know what "weck" is.
[X] Its a sucker-not a lollipop.
[X] I call them sneakers not tennis shoes or running shoes.
[X] 4am is an early night out.
[X] I lived through Wide Right, , No Goal & The Forward Lateral
[X] I live in the 2nd largest city in NY.
[X] We have around 3 months of true summer, 2 months of spring, 2 months of fall, and 5 months of winter (part of oct, nov, dec, jan, feb, part of mar)
[ ] I still have last year's ski tickets hanging from your jacket
[X] You are amazed when people are excited to go see Niagara Falls
[X] Lake Effect snow means you will still have class, you will just be waiting a little longer at the bus stop
[X]I am proud the Bills are New York State's only football team
[X] I hate the Miami Dolphins.
[X] I call them subs not hoagies or heroes or bombers!
[X] We dont valet park unless there is absolutely no other choice.
[X] I have been threatened to be sent to Father Bakers if I dont behave.
[X] You can pronounce Weinstein correctly on the first try.
[ ] Its the Hamburg Fair not the Erie County Fair. [ShadowAngel's side note: it's definitely the EC Fair, not that stupid "America's Fair" thing!]
[X]You consider J.C. Penney to be a relatively upscale department store.
[X] Its UB - not SUNY at Buffalo, Amherst
[X] I think nothing of crossing an international border for Chinese Food.
[X] I have a favorite Greek restaurant.
[X] I no longer like Dominik Hasek
[X] I know which pizzeria is a reputed Mafia front.
[X] I bake with "soda" and drink "pop".
[X] I have gotten into fights over Anchor Bar vs Duff's (chicken wings) and Tops vs Wegmans (supermarkets)
[X] Not only do I know what it is but I look forward to "Dingus Day
[X] The rest of the country is snowbound in the worst blizzard but I still have to go to school.
[X] I have gotten frost bite and sunburn in the same weekend.
[ ] I watch Canadian television, just so I can see United States network shows an hour or two earlier.
[X] I go to Niagara Falls for the outlet shopping, not the world wonder.
[X] I slam on the brakes and slow to a crawl whenever I see the "Village of Kenmore" sign.
[X] When speaking, "the" precedes the number or name of any highway (The Scajaquada, The 33, The 290)
[X] I live in a town where there is some kind of FEST somewhere, every weekend from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
[X] You can hold an entire conversation on the best place to go for wings, a fishfry or pizza.
[X] You not only know what the terms "snowbelt" and "lake effect" mean - you use in everyday conversations.
[ ] You live within 1 mile of a bowling alley.
[X] When you stop and ask for directions ... you expect to get them.
[ ] You keep the snowplow on the front of the truck year round.
[ ] You can compute a wind chill "factor"
[X] You have not been on the "Maid of the Mist" - unless you had out of town company.
[X] You call them "Pilot Field" and the "Aud" - no matter what the signs say.

multiply by 2.
thats your percentage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home