The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Yet Another VBS-Related Post

I assume you're sick of these by now, but it's basically a full-time job for the week, and I'm too tired to do much else following.

BTW my shoulder is doing much better though I'm still trying to be gentle with it during the two classes I've gone to this week.

Once again I'm annoyed with my coteacher. I asked her to prepare one thing for today - the introductory material for the day, which fills about 10 minutes. Just before the start of the day she comes to me whining that she doesn't understand what she's supposed to do, or what sections from the teacher's guide to pull the material from.

*If* she had asked me beforehand - a couple weeks ago when she got the materials, or even the day before, *or* if she had actually paid attention to me when I was doing the introductions, she would have known what to do. But no, can't ask the questions until 10 minutes until showtime, can't pay attention to what I've done to get an idea of what to do...

I asked her to do ONE BLASTED THING.

But no, I ended up having to do it on the fly. *sigh*

Maybe I'm being un-Christian, but I'm really starting to not like this woman anymore.

Oh, as far as the sheep thing goes... well, most of the kids got the idea, and actually ended up making something that vaguely looked like sheep, although a couple just turned their pages into a solid mass of cotton balls with googly eyes glued on them.

They're really good kids - though let me tell you, they are HIGH ENERGY! I've been conking out every afternoon.

So tomorrow's the last day, but immediately following I'm hosting most of my (more immediate) extended family at my house because my mother is up from SC for a couple days. So tonight along with all the VBS stuff I have to get ready, I also have to clean my house and get some food prepared. It's gonna be a long night...(thank goodness I bought some Monster energy drink (lo-carb of course) to get me through tomorrow (caffeine junkie that I am))...

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

I work with people like that all day. I can' stand them, drives me nuts.

8/18/2006 12:26 PM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

You know, I like this woman, I really do, but honestly, if they asked me to work with her again next year, I'd have to tell them no.

Yay VBS is done yay yay yay yay!!!

8/18/2006 2:49 PM  
Blogger Michael F Harris said...

Did you get to the picnic??????

8/19/2006 8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home