The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Monday, August 21, 2006

A Beaver Island Weekend

My family and I pretty much spent the entire weekend over at Beaver Island State Park in nearby Grand Island. Both Master Chong's (my tkd school) and Ironwolf's employer had their picnics in the same park on the same weekend. Heck, I was surprised they weren't in the same shelter!

I didn't go to Master Chong's picnic last year, but I was pleasantly surprised by how well-run their event is, particularly since it brings over 1000 students, family, and friends. There was staff supervision for parking and at the playground, plus an ambulance on-site. We didn't stay long enough for the games (due to the chilly, rainy day) so I can't tell you much about that. But I can say I've never seen so much food in one place in my life! mmmm...Korean beef...

The next day was my husband's company picnic. They always do a nice job with it, with lots of activities for the kids and lots of door prizes. We spent about half our time there out on the beach building in the sandcastle building contest. It was a coooool castle (by my inexpert castle-building standards, anyway). Too bad the only picture we have is a cell phone pic that Ironwolf won't send to me. :-( Thankfully the rain held off but it was cold again.

But tell me, what is it about these sort of gatherings that is so exhausting? I'm absolutely drained (partially because I feel a sinus infection coming on) by this weekend of goofing off!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

You didn't stay for the games? Did you at least sing Happy Birthday? My group stayed until 3.

8/22/2006 5:52 AM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

Yeah, we stayed to sing, but we were out of there about 2:15. Good picnic, just bad weather (and in my case serious underdressing brrrr) and cranky kids.

8/22/2006 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home