The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Goin' on a Wild Spyware Hunt

I'm not scared,
Got my gun,
My slingshot,
My rubber band,
And my bubble gum.

Uh-oh, do you see what I see?

SPYWARE.
Evil spyware.
Computer-wreckin' spyware.

Can't go over it,
Can't go under it,
Can't go 'round it,
Gotta go through it!

(if you didn't get the above it just means you didn't spend enough time away at summer camp as a kid, so don't worry LOL)

As per the previous post I decided to go spyware hunting to see if I could get rid of those nasty pop-ups that come up with my page, courtesy of my long-time nemesis ValueClick. So far I've run Ad-Aware, Spybot-Search and Destroy, and Ewido (in that order). Each of them came up with about 50 items, which I immediately dispatched, including ValueClick stuff from the latter two programs, but to no avail. I'm absolutely stumped.

Grrr. Back to the digging...

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

Sounds like a great way to spend the day.

8/30/2006 5:23 PM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

I hunted that one down through the message boards - it's very thorough. You can do it free entirely online, but if you want a copy of your own (other than the 14-day trial) you have to pay for it.

8/31/2006 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home