The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Random Thoughts of the Day

I went to Jester's Cap, a gaming store in Lancaster, last night with the family. It may surprise some of you, but I haven't been in a gaming store in 10 years. It felt like...home. And they seemed to like having the kids there, which is doubleplusgood (or maybe it would be more appropriately geeky to type it as ++good) in my book. So I indulged my current metal fetish and bought some more Sisters Repentia for my Warhammer 40K army-in-progress and a mini with a vague resemblance to my current D&D character. Ironwolf, for his part, couldn't resist picking up a set of brass dice. Oooooh....shiny....

*******************

It's more fun to drink tea from those little Chinese teacups that only hold 1-2 oz. rather than regular teacups, and it's way more fun to drink sake from the little sake cups, and it's more fun to eat mini marshmallows than regular ones (except roasted, of course). Why is smaller more fun?

*******************

Does Tori Amos get weirder and weirder with every album she puts out? Doesn't matter, of course - I like weird!

*******************

It seems weird to me that while I'm trying (not very hard) to lose some weight, that I own 35 cookbooks.

*******************

I've been daydreaming about the upcoming NHL season for about six weeks. But I am not looking forward to that nasty new diseased slug Sabres logo, and you can be darn sure I'm not going to buy any piece of merchandise with that logo upon it!

*******************

My favorite part of Star Wars: Battlefront II for the XBox is the Instant Action mission where you get to hunt Gungans (it's even more satisfying than hunting Ewoks).

"Meesa gonna die!"

That's right you bastard Jar-Jar clone, eat hot blaster fire!

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

Jar Jar must die.

8/25/2006 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home