The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Fun With Everyday Math Games

As part of their studies, Rascal and Zipper learn math based on the Everyday Math curriculum. A major part of the teaching style of this curriculum are the math games. They do them at school, in both paper and computer versions, but they are also available online.

Which means that every single time that I've turned on the computer in the last couple weeks, I've had a small boy standing next to me, asking:

"Mommy, can I play math games?"

I swear. I had to put my foot down just so I could put up a post or two here. It's great that they like the games so much, but it's starting to drive me nuts. After 2 or 3 games, it's really boring for an adult to watch.

But school wants them to do it, and I guess it must be helping them somehow, so I guess it's game time!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Random said...

Better that than Xbox, now go play some KOTOR.

11/17/2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger Michael F Harris said...

I hate the new math. It makes no sense.

On another note, our group of trouble makers at OP had an off site meeting (means we hit the bar) and Master Yoo joined us.

11/18/2006 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey You,
It's been a long time since i've visited you. I'm very sorry!

Just stopped by to say Hi and see how you're doing. OH, By The Way, I loved the pictures of the snow storm, they were amazing. Very Cool!!

It will take me awhile to catch up but i can't wait to do so.

Kristin, xoxo

https://spaces.msn.com/kristinscrib0506

11/28/2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger Michael F Harris said...

WOW color change!!!!

12/23/2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home