The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Short Treatise on Tae Kwon Do

I'm not in the tournament this Saturday. Two and a half reasons:

1) I just don't have the money. Plain and simple. And $60 for 3 minutes of competition (although the medals are really, really nice and everyone gets one) is an awful lot.

2) There was that bad, bad experience at the tourney last year. Maybe I should expand on it - let me know if you want to hear the tale. I might have blogged about it before; I don't know. But that experience alone wasn't the deciding factor in not participating - it's the combination of factors here.

2.5) I tripped the other day and smashed my oft-injured right hand into a doorknob, taking the brunt of the damage over where the hand was broken last year (*ahem* see reason 2). The back of my hand is still a little swollen, and I expect it will hurt for at least another week. But no worries, mate.

But I still plan on going to the tournament to watch for a couple hours if my schedule allows. I missed the demo team competition last year, so I really want to see if Amherst can retain the title. Go Amherst!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

Boo Amherst!!!!
Sorry needed to do that.

Yea I wann hear what happened last year.

11/08/2006 9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home