The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Monday, June 05, 2006

What Do June Showers Bring?

Weddings, silly!

Yesterday I was at the bridal shower of a family friend. It was one of those things where you aren't exactly friends with them anymore, but you feel some strange sort of obligation to them, so you go. And if you don't, you'll be sure to hear it from your family. Of course, they probably felt the same way about the weddings of me and my sibs, so I shouldn't complain. It's about time this couple got married too, since they have 3 kids together and they've been living together for about 6 years now.

In all fairness, it was a nice shower, although I didn't really have anyone to talk to but my sister (who is the matron of honor, so she was pretty busy), but I spent most of my time looking after her kids anyway - while fending off the question "Why didn't you bring your boys with you?" - what I really wanted to answer was "Because you didn't say they were welcome on the invitation, you ninny! I don't bring uninvited children to parties, unlike you, who sprung a bunch of kids on my sister's wedding last year!"

Oh, sorry, was I up on a soapbox for a minute?

1 Comments:

Blogger ShadowAngel said...

xbnk yyyyqddddvbn//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////.,...........................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

--a comment from "Zipper", age 3

6/06/2006 1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home