The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Blizzard!

The snow has finally come, and with what a bang! It's blizzardy nightmare out there folks, and tonight I am out there.

I went to choir practice as usual, but the power was out so it was canceled. I am now at the library, since I had books due today, so I figured I'd stay in for a bit and take advantage of the lovely high-speed Internet capabilities available here. While Mom's away (i.e. without the kids), she will play!

There's tree branches down everywhere, and even a small tree down in one of the neighbor's yards. I will admit serious trepidation about driving under some of those heavily snow-laden limbs bent precariously over the road. Scary stuff. Thankfully it's a short drive home from here.

But to go back a couple hours in time - when I went to pick up Rascal from school this afternoon I experienced one of the strangest weather phenomena I have ever witnessed. It was sunny, with mixed rain, snow, and hail, and there was thunder not-so-distant. Really weird. Only in Buffalo...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Mz. Gydnew said...

Snow already?! We're still looking at highs in the 90's.

10/12/2006 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home