The Slightly Mad Housewife Rides Again!

The continuing saga of a chick with small children trying to find sanity in an insane world, and largely failing.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Week That Was

Yeah, yeah, it's been a week since I've posted. Nobody's been waiting with bated breath.

So let's recap:

Most important on the ol' list is my 34th birthday! Yay for me! More to come on that in a bit, I've got a lot to say.

Ironwolf got back from Vegas just fine, albeit several hours late because of flight delays (so that he finally got back home at 4 AM - ugh!). Sadly, he did not win a million dollars.

To go back a little farther than a week, the whole clan went to the Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence for loads of family fun! More on that in a bit too; I'm just getting the pictures off my camera now.

Go Sabres! Go Sabres! Go Sabres! Woooooo!!!!! 3-0, rock and roll, baby! But somebody get me a defibrillator for Christmas if every game is going to be this exciting!

Zipper was very proud to be Star Student of the Day yesterday in his class. Which really just means that he's the one that gets to bring in something for show-and-tell and he gets to bring the "Daily News" page home.

I've made up with that Tae Kwon Do instructor that I was having issues with last month. I'm having some struggles right now in TKD, but I'll save that for another post too (that's three auxiliary posts already!).

My solo in church went really well as expected. I have to admit though, I feel a little weird accepting compliments from the congregation. It just doesn't seem like something that I should be congratulated about, especially in church. Know what I'm saying?

I really need to get my butt moving on my annual Halloween party. I haven't even sent out invitations yet. Well, local yokels, it will be Sat. Oct. 28, 6 PM at my place. This year's movie will be the Hong Kong kung-fu vampire hit, Mr. Vampire. As always, bring the kids, costumes optional.

I'm sure I've bored you all enough by now. TTFN!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael F Harris said...

At 6 hour class one of the parents asked Master Yoo when he's coming back. Supposedly soon. You will have 2 masters at each school. They brought back Master Shim and hired another Master Kim.

10/11/2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

Well, two masters at a school is great, as long as they are able to effectively "share power". Maybe not so easy for some. Boy oh boy though, I am feeling like we are all getting jerked around here pretty bad.

But who to complain to? My masters don't even know my name!

10/11/2006 8:54 PM  
Blogger Michael F Harris said...

Isn't it written on your dobok???

I agree some of the masters have a bigger ego then others and should not come back. It makes sharing the power harder with a huge ego.

10/12/2006 5:43 AM  
Blogger Michael F Harris said...

Master Yoo was back

10/12/2006 6:53 PM  
Blogger ShadowAngel said...

Well, yes, it's on one of my doboks, but it's already faded out pretty bad - they'd have to be staring at my chest to read it! LOL

So who knows what wonders we'll be facing when we show up for class tomorrow?

10/12/2006 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home